Why global carbon pricing is the way to go:
https://carbon-price.com - “Global Carbon Pricing” book with free PDF
Has following authors:
- David JC MacKay was Chief Scientific Adviser to the UK Department of Energy and Climate Change.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz is the 2001 Nobel Laureate in Economics
- Jean Tirole is the 2014 Nobel Laureate in Economics
- Martin L. Weitzman is Professor of Economics at Harvard University
- William Nordhaus who has been publishing papers on climate change since 1977
- Ottmar Edenhofer who served as Co-chair of WG III of the IPCC
- Also: Richard N. Cooper, Peter Cramton, Christian Gollier, Éloi Laurent, Axel Ockenfels, Ian Parry, and Steven Stoft
Remarkably, all 13 authors agree with the core principle of the book — that a common international commitment to carbon pricing can reduce the free-rider problem and help protect nations that cooperate. In fact, the book’s major argument for global carbon pricing is not economic efficiency (still a good reason), but rather that it fosters cooperation.